In this post, I’m going to show you how to add text to your DIY Etsy Shop Icon using the free version of PicMonkey. *EDIT: PicMonkey is no longer free you guys. I still recommend it, but will add a new post about another free program soon!
Hey friends! This post contains affiliate links. This means if you purchase an item through one of the links in this post, you help support Southern Hearts at no extra cost to you!
Let’s get started!
1. Go to PicMonkey.com
2. Hover your mouse over “Edit”.
3. Click on Computer
4. Choose your file from your computer
You can find stock photos and more on our Etsy shop! Click here to check it out.
5. Click Open. The file will open in PicMonkey.
6. Click on the “T” on the left hand side menu.
7. Choose your font. The fonts with a crown next to them are only for use with the paid version of PicMonkey. But that’s okay! There are still plenty to choose from if you want to stick with the free version.
8. Once you choose your font, click “Add Text” found above the lists of fonts.
9. Type your shop name and play around with colors and sizing.
You can also just add initials!
10. Once you’re happy with your design, click “Save” at the top.
You can choose the file size you’d like. “Sean” is the highest quality.
PicMonkey will ask you to create an account (just add an email and create a password). Then, you can save the file to your computer!
Guys, just so you know, I use PicMonkey all the time! It’s seriously a great program that is SO user-friendly! I’m so glad I found them a year ago. If you think you will use this program often, I would really recommend getting the premium version because you get so many more options. I got it as soon as I found PicMonkey and have NEVER regretted it! Just FYI.